Friday 16 September 2016

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Sixteen

Wasn't sure if I would get time for Day 16. Our weather has been incredible the last few days and it makes it so hard to be indoors. After a wet summer we are finally being rewarded with some hot days.

These are not my usual colours but thought it was worth a try. I always have a pile of 'fresh' paper that has been cut or torn into different sizes. So at the end of a painting session, if I have any left over paint on my palette I will use up the excess paint on these pieces of paper and I sometimes use them to lift paint while I am painting. I like working this way because I have a piece ready to go, with a lot or a little paint on it (not 'intimidating' white). With this image I was trying to be bolder with my mark making and have a few more neutral areas. Some parts work, some not so much but I am giving myself permission to experiment.

I sometimes scan these papers before working on them. It is a great way to see where you started and where you ended up.

Day 16 'Start'
5"X5"
Acrylic mixed media
on Somerset printmaking paper

Day 16 'Finish'

2 comments:

  1. Such a good idea Janet! I am going to have to try and remember that. Having some scraps ready. I love the depth in this. The textures and lines and scribbles are terrific :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - appreciate all your comments.

    ReplyDelete