Sunday 4 September 2016

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Five

Over the last year my palette has changed quite a bit. This picture revisits some of the colours that were very much my go to! Magentas, purples, quin's ( 'red' and 'purple' hues). There are parts of this small painting that I think are successful and others not so much. In the past this would have bothered me a lot and I would have either painted over those parts or relegated the whole painting to the 'circular' filing cabinet! I now keep all these studies. Going back and looking at some of my rejects they actually don't look so bad. And what a great reference to have. This 30 in 30 challenge is pushing me to step out of my box, practice and grow as an artist. Happy painting to you all!

Day 5
30 in 30 Challenge
4"X4"
Acrylic, collage, Caran D'ache watercolour crayons
on Somerset printmaking paper

No comments:

Post a Comment