Wednesday 18 January 2017

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day 18

Tried something different for Day 18. An image reminiscent of some coastal areas in Newfoundland. Used acrylic paint, but instead of brushes, I used a palette knife and credit cards to apply the paint and paper towel to lift the paint in some areas. The marks made from using these tools seems to give an effect much like some of the mono prints I have done. Not a lot of 'fine' details but I think it suits the image. The photo is just to give you an idea of what some of the coastal areas look like. Thanks again to all who have visited and your comments are very much appreciated!



Inspiration for today's painting.
Newfoundland




11" X 11"
Acrylic on printmaking paper



4 comments:

  1. Credit cards are one of my favorite painting tools! Your painting without brushes has lots of energy and great texture. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors and I absolutely love the rough, jaggedy texture thtoughout! The light on the rock is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sheila, was challenging at times to get the paint where I wanted, but good to try something different.

    ReplyDelete