Saturday 13 May 2017

Cleaning off the Palette and Spring is Finally Here!

After I finished the 5 small paintings titled 'Prairie Red' I still had some paint on my palette. So like many of you I grabbed another piece of paper and 'used' up the remainder. I came back to it yesterday and added some collage and continued painting. I don't know if it is because spring is finally here, but I seem to have a new energy for exploring and experimenting with my painting. My father and my husband both worked in the oil and gas industry and I have a background in agriculture. So you are probably wondering what that has to do with painting? Well, when I look at a landscape I am not just thinking about what I can see, but what I can't. Soil profiles, rock structures, root systems - 'what lies beneath' - all food for fodder.

Thanks for taking the time to visit and wishing you a day filled with inspiration!


'Folded & Faulted'
6"X6"
acrylic mixed media on
hot press watercolour paper

3 comments:

  1. Janet, what lies beneath always calls to me, in my living in the world every day as well as in your paintings; I love your manifestation of folded faulted fodder. Your ability to tease with subtleties is compelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's beneath is kind of like "feel the animal" when you are painting one. I love the colors here and the diagonals give the eyes a bit of fun. Always interesting to see what you are going to do next. Glad you finally are getting to Spring, enjoy your energy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love knowing more of your story, and I will now look at your works with a better understanding. Love the rough peaks, the textured sky, the bits of warmth. Wonderful all!!

    ReplyDelete