Saturday 30 January 2016

Knitting - A Change of Pace

I've been taking a break from painting the last couple of weeks and have taken out the 'needles' & yarn.  I like to change up my routine every so often and work with other materials.  I am still creating - albeit in a different way, but it does keep the creative juices flowing and I can recharge my 'painting' side of the brain. I have made a couple dozen hemp dish/face clothes - I use these for dishes.  These are the best - can reuse again and again and you can throw them in the laundry - they wash up like a charm. Have also completed a couple of pairs of fingerless gloves. I usually carry a bag of knitting 'stuff' with me (and a small sketchbook too!) when heading to the city for appointments, etc. For me there is nothing worse than sitting somewhere and waiting with nothing to do. I love going to yarn stores and checking out the different yarns and colours. There are so many beautiful colour ways available.  I find them very inspirational. Some of my favourite yarn companies are Malabrigo, Manos del UruguayThe Verdant Gryphon and Noro. And for the record....I am not a great knitter! My knitting repertoire consists of scarves, mittens, fingerless gloves, hats, cowls, the 'washcloths' of course and the occasional lace shawl. The shawls only happen once in a blue moon! I like to knit for family and friends and try to have extra knit goods on the shelf for gifting. Now...if I could only find someone to weave the ends in for me!


Hemp Washcloths (hemp for knitting designed by Lanaknits) and
Fingerless Gloves (Noro Nadeshiko yarn)

No comments:

Post a Comment