Tuesday 5 January 2016

Dog Journal - The Image That Started It All

I meant to share this image earlier.  Guess the old adage 'better late than never' will work!  I did 'her' last year after taking a mixed media workshop.  I did a couple of sketches first and then drew her onto the watercolour paper. Not sure why I choose a corgi - have never had a corgi - but they sure are cute and have lots of personality! She started me on the path of the Dog Journal and all things 'doggish'! My son took a shine to the picture so I gave it to him...she has a very good home.  I did reproduce the image in a card format.  I used the company Moo and was really pleased with the quality of the image reproduction. And yes, I really do hope to paint some more dogs!

8"X10"
Mixed media on paper (Arches 140lb hot press watercolour paper)
Mounted on birch panel

No comments:

Post a Comment