Friday 9 September 2016

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Nine

Went with a limited palette for this picture - a couple of blues and yellows, a brown and titanium white. Added some line work with Caran D'ache watercolour crayons. I started using the Caran D'ache in the early 90's. I was attending a monotype printmaking workshop with artist and instructor Jeremy Mayne (was a life altering 'art' experience for me - a post for another day!) and he used these a lot before and after printing. He showed us how to heat up the metal plate (our substrate) with a hair dryer and then draw/mark make with the crayon. We would also heat up the crayon and rub and blend them on the plate. The crayon printed beautifully. I still have one or two crayons left from my original set of 10.

If you are participating in the the challenge I hope you are finding it rewarding to be doing a painting day. Although I can't believe it is only Day 9!


Day 9
4"X4"
Acrylic, mixed media on
Arches 140lb hotpress paper



1 comment: