Saturday 3 September 2016

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Three

Day 3 of the 30 in 30. I have a BSc in Agriculture and one of my degree requirements was to take at least one course in Soil Science. We looked at a lot of soil profiles - both in class and on field trips - lots of vertical and horizontal structures and I seem to be reflecting back on that time with these images I am creating now. I like the play between light and dark and the richness with the layering of paint. I am going back in with just an HB pencil to bring out some of what I imagine to be the 'soil structures' present  and a bit of writing as while - '...what lies beneath, so much more than just a 'simple' profile'.

Day 3
30 in 30 Challenge
8"X8"
Acrylic and pencil on BFK Rives Printmaking paper

No comments:

Post a Comment