Thursday 30 August 2018

Hitting My Stride

It has taken about two weeks to get back into the routine of painting. That is what I figured it would probably take and I feel like I am finding my rhythm again. September will be busy. I wasn't going to participate in Leslie Saeta's  30 Paintings in Thirty Days, but I figured I will be painting anyhow so a daily painting would be a good warmup of sorts to get me going on some larger work. Can't believe that September will be here in a couple of days!

This painting is one of the 'dailies'. Can't stop painting those dogs!


'Sadie'
8'X10"
Acrylic mixed media on birch panel 

The panel was painted with a mix of manganese blue and anthraquinone - cleaning the palette - and I drew a rough sketch and started painting. Have always thought about using a black background and this was the first attempt.




4 comments:

  1. Sadie, black becomes
    you! Your eyes sparkle like bright
    di'monds on velvet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I should change her name to Lucy!! Thanks Dotty :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dark background :) happy to hear you are feeling the groove, and will be in the 30! Yay for us (to see your art)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sheila! - and looking forward to seeing yours - curious having seen pictures of the new palette.....

    ReplyDelete