Saturday 25 August 2018

Back to Painting....Again

It has been a long break from painting, posting, commenting. I needed it - was feeling overwhelmed with social media, had just finished an intense two week open studio workshop the end of June (I know.....that was months ago!!) - totally drained and not sure which direction to go with my painting. Still not completely sorted out, but gradually getting back into the routine. A one day workshop in July - 8 interpretive landscape paintings (10"X10" each) in a day! No more than 8-10 minutes for each painting, which was a good thing altho' it is still possible to 'overthink' in that short a time! A busy fall so whether I like it or not back to the easel - and it is good to be 'getting back'!





'Henry'
7"X7", acrylic mixed media on paper






'The south country is parched'
10"X7", acrylic mixed media on paper






'Ageing Gracefully'
8"X8"; acrylic mixed media on paper






'Ginger'
12"X12"; acrylic mixed media on canvas




4 comments:

  1. Janet! So wonderful to have you 'back to painting … again'! I've been sitting here for a good 10 minutes, mesmerized by your posted paintings, englarging them on my computer screen and feasting on exploration. I am so drawn in by your masterful use of stenciling and veiling (and 'stamping'? do you use texture sheets to create some of the dot patterns?)—you use a restraint that is very effective; by your not 'overdoing' I am rewarded with little surprises that both delight in themselves and send me poking around to see what else might be quietly waiting for my discovery. I am very drawn to the line, color, and shape in 'South Country.' So glad you're back—eager to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dotty - thank you very, very much for your generous comments. They are much appreciated! No stamping, just some 'bits' of stenciling. Dots are created using punchinella (sequin waste). Is good to be back painting altho' slow and painful...hahaha - I am lucky to be able to have the time to paint! Figure it will take a good two weeks to get back into painting - will be worth it.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work here Janet! I missed your faces and textures and inspiring work :) I keep going back to look at them again.
    I get you on the social media. I have been feeling the same way. And you are the fourth or fifth person to mention it.
    I missed seeing you very much, but I am happy to hear your break was rejuvenating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sheila! Means a lot for you to take the time to comment when I have been so absent. Congratulations on the 100 painting. What an accomplishment that is! Yes the break was good and looking forward to getting back to the studio!

      Delete