Monday 5 February 2018

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day 4

No paint today - just a bit of graphite.....

I don't draw enough. I've done a very good job of convincing myself that I don't have enough time to paint and draw?! I avoid drawing and then when I do get out my sketchbook and have a go I struggle. Hmmm.....I wonder if I tried setting aside 10 or 15 minutes a day - every day - kind of like a daily practice - now there's a concept!



 8"X11"
Graphite on 110lb acid free drawing paper



      

4 comments:

  1. Fun to see this change-up, Janet. Drawing seems like a whole different world—I never draw! Well, that can't be entirely true, but pretty darned close to never. This drawing gives me much to explore and think about. My favorite part? Where you wrote "trouble spot for me" : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't draw near enough - not that I want to paint from a sketch (I like to rely on memory) but it does help me to notice some details I might otherwise miss. And yes....there's that little trouble spot...hahaha - I didn't even notice that when I posted - good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet details Janet. I don't draw enough either. But I did start using my little sketch book. And I do draw before the painting. Hoping to keep up with that. Love the graphics along the bottom, so you. And you got his nose just right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you to be drawing - I have good intentions, but....can't help but doodle - although it might be a form of avoidance - much easier to doodle than sketch!! Glad you like his nose - he is a bit of a cutie :))

    ReplyDelete