Friday 24 February 2017

Painting - The 'Palette Cleaner'

I know I am not the only one who does not like to waste paint. I don't like to waste anything and some of the 'stuff' I am uncovering in my studio is evidence of this....a conversation for another day. This 'palette cleaner' was done at the end of the day. A small painting, limited colours and painted quickly. No time for picking away! Some make great studies to use for something bigger and some when matted end up being a lovely little gem to display. I think these might make an interesting series to do over the year.



'Palette Cleaner #1'
5"X5"
acrylic mixed media on
Somerset printmaking paper

Thanks again for taking the time to visit and leave a comment - your support is greatly appreciated!



8 comments:

  1. Love the work. I also like to use left over paints but none turn out for display. Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! Glad to hear you are a palette cleaner too!

      Delete
  2. Janet, I am definitely one who does not like to waste/throw away paint, nor any other materials that might be fodder for my creative urges! I totally identify with your palette cleaner painting. I love seeing, however, that even with something as simple, quick, and utilitarian as a palette cleaner painting, you developed it with a bit of texture and composition. Very appealing!

    You've introduced here yet another conversation topic for another day that I'd be happy to take part in …

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dotty - sometimes I can feel quite overwhelmed with the amount of stuff I have kept - hence the purge. For once the stars seemed to be aligned for a painting....hope they will line up for something a little bigger! And yes, let's continue this conversation.

      Delete
  3. Don't you think our minds are so wonderful that when we think we aren't doing anything but using up something just super appears. It truly means if we can turn off the left brain the right just flies. All about his is right, the colors, the textures. Super.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Nelvia -You are so right - wish I could check the left side at the door some days. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  4. Fun piece. Love the joyful spots and dots, and the wonderful textures in the rocks. :) Good save, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sheila...hahaha...yes, a good save :)

    ReplyDelete