Thursday 27 October 2016

The Art Journey & Making Art

It seems like forever since I have posted or painted! Am just getting back into my studio and there seems to be a lot of sitting and 'thinking' and not a lot of painting. Missed almost three weeks of painting this month - for a variety of reason - some out of my control. Have also been spending time looking at artwork on Pinterest and this has me taking a step back and wondering about my painting and where I am going with this 'journey of art making'. I have so many ideas right now, not enough time to try even half of them. Does anyone else go through this? In the meantime I am sticking to things that are simple and doable and trying to squeeze in any time I can experimenting. So I have no artwork to share today, but I do have a lovely altered road sign that I hope you will enjoy as much as I do. The rural community I live in celebrates a Scarecrow festival during the month of October and each year the scarecrows become more and more creative (ie. the benchmark is set higher and higher). I need to get around and take pictures of them and will share with you in the next few days. In the meantime this little gem is one I see whenever I drive to the village to pick up mail or have a coffee with friends - is so creative and always brings a smile to my face!



Altered 'deer crossing' sign!
West Bragg Creek Road, Alberta, Canada

2 comments:

  1. LOL, how fun is this! Yes, do share more :) And yes, I wish there were more hours in the day, and that I had... three set of hands to paint with. :) Happy creative thinking to you Janet! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you Sheila - if you figure out those 'three sets of hands' let me know. Have been enjoying your blog over the last few days. Still getting back into the swing of things! Take care

    ReplyDelete