Wednesday 20 July 2016

Artists To Share - Barbara Franc (Sculptor)

I haven't been spending as much time in my studio the last few weeks - our summers are short and the call to be outdoors is strong. I know, I could be painting outdoors (which I do!) but I also like to garden, ride my horse, hike, search for wildflowers, watch for wildlife - this week alone I have watched two white tail deer with their young - one has twin fawns, the other one fawn, a cow/calf moose pair, a young moose (so beautiful with her summer coat), two humming birds, a bald eagle, blue heron, loons and the list goes on. You will just have to take my word for it, I am just not fast enough with the camera!

Like a lot of you I spend time searching for other artists and viewing their work. Their medium of choice doesn't necessarily have to be the same as mine. I enjoy looking at a variety of mediums. It is so inspiring and it gets me excited about making art. So I thought I would share with you some of the artists I am inspired by. I hope you like this idea and will enjoy discovering their work.

I found Barbara Franc on FaceBook. I love, love, love her work. What an amazing sculptor. I'll take one of each please!

*These images are of Barbara Franc's work. If you do repost them please make sure to credit Barbara Franc.

Barbara Franc - Shaggy Dog



Barbara Franc - Hare

Do you have a favourite artist(s) that inspires you? Would love to hear who it is and see pictures of their work.





No comments:

Post a Comment